Friday, October 30, 2009

driving

Being a 17 year old in high school driving is big issue. I have known about the fact that I will not be able to drive due to my vision ever since I realized my eyes were an issue. So I have come to terms with it. It?s always a shock when I tell people that I will never be able to drive. My friends are a great help.
The main question I get from people when I tell them that I can?t drive, Is that where do you plan on living when you grow up? I love living in a small town but there is no public transportation. In a city there is a lot of transportation. At this point of my life I don?t know where I will live in the long term. It is a part of my decision of picking a college. I need to be able to get to entertainment by public transportation or by foot.

3 comments:

  1. I knew you would never be able to drive and thinks its fantastic that you are content. most kids would complain and act the victim. its terrible that you have to decide where you live depending on public transportation. i like the blog so far... do you know what causes this or if you are just randomly born with it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Steph about how you are content. If I couldn't ever get my license I dont think I could handle it. Its awesome that you have good friends to help you out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dani, although it is unfortunate that you cannot drive, I do believe its something you have, or will definitely be able to overcome! Hopefully you can find a good alternative to having your license. It is nice to have the freedom to be able to drive wherever you want. With that said, on the other side of things, you will save a lot of money, and you wont have to worry about paying for car problems. As a wise man once said, "The only thing different about having your license is you can drive to where you want to be bored." Good luck!

    ReplyDelete