Tuesday, October 20, 2009

intro to ONH, Nystagmus, and myself

What is nystagmnus?
It is the uncontrollable movement of the eye. It can come at birth or because of a head trauma. It also can come with other visual problem.

What is ONH (Optic Nerve Hypoplasia)?
e optic nerve. It can result in bigger or more common blind spots. This may also come with other problems with the brain since the optic nerve is considered part of the brain and a part of the brain not growing means another part of the brain may of not grown fully. ONH can occur in one eye or both eyes. ONH can never get worse with in your life.

What is my story?
When I was at my 3 month old check up my pediatrician noticed my eyes moving funny. She sent me down to Boston to get testing fearing that there may be another problem hiding behind my nystagmus. I want down few time during the month of August. They did every type of testing imaginable. That's when the diagnosed me with ONH.

What is my vision?
When I tell people what my vision they always think that not bad which is 20/80 in my right eye and 20/60 in my left eye. The thing is since ONH means blind spots and nystagmus means you have trouble focussing on objects. So when you have less in your field of vision and cant focus you can imagine your what happens to your vision.

2 comments:

  1. I like what you have done so far. You explained what it all means and really help people that don't know what it is. Are there different surgeries that you could get? Will you ever be allowed to drive a car? Will is get any better by doings specific things?

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW. Lets see... this post would be really great if you took this info and told us through a video.

    ReplyDelete